Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maneshkhottcpl
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

IE Pluin gray in Qv 9.0 Access point

Hi All,

I  am using the Qv9.0 server. when i am accessing the documents using access point in intranet, the Ieplugin link appear gray while Java and Ajax are enabled.

I have made settings in Server for default plugin for IE.

What i m using?

The machin where i m accessing the server through access pointhaving the qv 8.0 plugin installed. I need to install in plugin 9.0?

The srever in qv 9.0.

Please help me out to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Manesh

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Manesh,

You do need to install the same version for Plugin that you are running on Server. Check the QEMC to display the link to the MSI file that installs the plugin so the user or the IT people that installs it have a direct link just getting to the Accesspoint. (QEMC, System, Setup, QlikView Web Servers).

The IE Plugin needs the port 4747 open inbound and outbound in both the Server and the client in order to use full potential of QVP meaning direct connection to Server instead of using the QlikView Web Server and tunnelization, which is considerably faster.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for this information. Where do I find the port number on my server?

Thanks - DV

Not applicable

I didn't see the most obvious answer:

What BROWSER (type and version number) are you using to pull the server's Access Point files in?  I'm assuming you're using Internet Explorer (and not Firefox, Chrome, or Safari)?

Seems like a silly question, but let's just be certain we're looking at the basics first. 

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Do you mean your Web Server port number? It's in the QEMC, System, Setup, QlikView Web Servers, General. If you mean 4747 it is on your computer firewall (if you use the one that ships with Windows 7/2008, Control Panel, Firewall, Advanced Configuration, Rules, New Rule to allow 4747 tcp / udp.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica