Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

location license

Hi,

I have a question about license QlikView Server. I wonder where it stores information about licensing? Especially I am interested in how many licenses are used and how many free licenses.

Thank you

Stepan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Stepan,

The server Root folder stores this information. Search your disks for PGO files. To manage them, go to the QlikView Enterprise Management Console, System, Licenses, click on QlikView server, and you will see on the right part, Client Access Licenses (CALs), a summary of the licenses assigned and available, to whom are they assigned, and when they were last used.

Document CALs are assigned to the documents, not server wise, so you will need to go instead to the Documents tab menu in the QEMC, browse to the document, click on it and you will see a tab Document CALs. Note that if you remove a QVW file with licenses assigned, you may lose those CALs (well, they still are in your Server license, but you may need to contact QlikTech support), so first remove the licenses assigned, then remove the document.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Stepan,

The server Root folder stores this information. Search your disks for PGO files. To manage them, go to the QlikView Enterprise Management Console, System, Licenses, click on QlikView server, and you will see on the right part, Client Access Licenses (CALs), a summary of the licenses assigned and available, to whom are they assigned, and when they were last used.

Document CALs are assigned to the documents, not server wise, so you will need to go instead to the Documents tab menu in the QEMC, browse to the document, click on it and you will see a tab Document CALs. Note that if you remove a QVW file with licenses assigned, you may lose those CALs (well, they still are in your Server license, but you may need to contact QlikTech support), so first remove the licenses assigned, then remove the document.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

thank you for answer... that's what I was looking for. However, I was not pleased. I was wondering how to do an application that willautomatically release a license. But if I understand, so it is not possible.

Thank you

Stepan

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Stepan,

There is indeed a QMS API, that allows you to create a Visual C# or Visual Basic executable file to contact with the Server and do some performance tasks, even reload a document without opening the Console and so. Check here on how to build that kind of application and install the Server with the documentation, some examples will appear in the QEMC, System, Setup, QlikView Servers, General tab (if they are not already there).

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica