Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar graph with Month as static x axis dimension

Hi All,

In the attached sample QVW, I have created a bar chart with two dimensions (month, year) and a expression. When I select a particular month, the graph shows value for that one month. But what I want is to have a static x axis always showing months Jan to Dec weather data is present or not.

I have use 'Show all values' for month and also 'Continious' and static min/max/step (1/12/1) )values for dimension axis. But it is not working. 

Could you please help me on how this can be achieved?

Regards,

Murali

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

HI,

Please see the attached file .i hope this will help you

Thanks

Vivek

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vivek.

That was very helpful. After that I ran into another problem. This is what the issue is.

1. I have two tables in my dashboard joined based on a common column.

2. I have created 2 bar graphs display data on both tables.

3. Both tables have missing data for few months in a year.

4. Business always wants to see Jan-Dec in the x-axis.

5. If value is present for that month then the bar should present other wise they need an empty space. In this way they want to keep the x-axis static irrespective of the user selection and data present or not.

Sample QVW is attached.

Could you please help me with this.

Regards,

Murali

Not applicable
Author

This is very urgent.

Can any of you please help me with a workaround?

I have also checked this with helpdek and they responsed saying this is the designed QlikView functionality.

Regards,

Murali

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Murali,

What you need is a master calender that generates your missing dates (in your case missing months)

I add one based one your field [Date]. Take a look and tell me if this is what you are looking for.

Good Luck,

Dennis.