Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"How to convert and send reports to users via email?"

Hi All,

I have a QV document which I'm gonna put on server for regular relaoding automatic. Is it way I can send the values of all the charts/table after it gets relaoded everyday as a PDF or Excel or any other format to aspecified list of users via email?

Thank you. I would appreciate your responses.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is there any solution  Guys, its kinda urgent. I would appreciate your replies.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I do that using the software Kettle from Pentaho. Try use that, is not difficult to learn.

http://kettle.pentaho.com/

Not applicable
Author

Hey ,

Thanks for the reply. I thought that Qlikview must have some inbuilt capability to send reports to a certain users. Is this software free to use?

Not applicable
Author

I never even tried to find a way to do that with the QlikView. The Kettle is free and also open source. And many other interesting features which make it much easier life.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you plase share the knowledge on how to use Kettle to send the Reports via email?

Thanks,

André

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

With the Kettle you can extract data in several ways, turn them and load them. In my case, I have a data mart that periodically I update. All the informations of my QlikView are loaded from data mart, so, with the Kettle I can extract the important data from data mart and send to any e-mail or lists of e-mails. But if you wish send a graphic from the QlikView is need import manually. I have a list of managers and all of them receive daily a "clipping" with some informations in a basic formatting.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rafael ,

I actually wanted to know how Kettel extracts the Data from Qlikview (.qvd) File.

Any help would be appriciated..