Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using QV11 or QV10 without server

I am currently looking at very small implementation - 2 or 3 users. The idea is that one person shall be dedicated to the development of QV model, reports, refreshing the data and other two users should be able to open QVD. The plan is to keep QVD on a shared folder.

The limitations are as following:

1) No server is available (in terms of hardware)

2) Budget is not enough to buy QV server

Which options are available in terms of licensing these 2-3 users?

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I am not sure whether individual licenses are available or not. But you can contact QlikTech or QlikTech Partner to provide more information about licenses.

Consider that you have 3 licenses. Then in this scenario you can keep one person to schedule your QlikView task through the windows task scheduler and other two people can share the same location from where they get access to QVDs and other source of data. They can develop report on their personal computers.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Are there any options of leasing the individual licenses?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Leasing is possible but with QlikView Server only.

And you said you dont have budget to buy server.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I hope you may get 3 Named User CALs(But it's bit costly), Because Small Business edition (5 Named, 10 Document CAL) minimum you will get.

But find out is there any discount like 5 Named User CAL u get for the same cost.

Regards,

Ravi.