Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Blank Google Map Background in Container

Hi there,

I got a issue on displaying Google Map in a container.  The dynamic background disappear  in the container.  When I remove the scatter chart from the container.  The chart displays fine.

Anyone has any idea?

Many thanks in advance,

Eric.

3 Replies
tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Eric,

I have an application with a similar problem.

The objects inside the container don't always appear and a blank/white area appears where the contained object should be. As soon I click on any of the "tabs" of the container, the contained object appears.

This looks like a bug to me.

Any thoughts?

Regads,

Telmo

Not applicable
Author

Hi Telmo,

Yes, I think so.  I thought at first is because of the restriction on Google map usage.  However, it cannot explain why when the maps are not in the container are displaying properly even within the same tab.  I have the same issue as you described on pivot table but only occassionally. The Google maps are not workable in container.

Regards,

Eric.

Not applicable
Author

I realize this question is a bit old, but thought I'd offer a response in case it may help others running into this.  I observed this problem when trying to insert a Google Map chart into a container using QV 10 SR2.  I was using a linked chart object.  I also noted that The Width and Height properties (Caption tab) of the chart were being reset to very small values (< 10) for the chart object in the container.  When I manually reset them to the proper values, the chart would appear.  But when saving and re-opening the QV file, the chart dimensions would again be reset and the map image would not be visible.  It would either be blank, or sometimes have a blur with faint hues, but certainly not a visible map background.

I considered just dropping the container, then using buttons to offer the UI of the container, but instead decided to setup a script that executes a module Sub() to reset the dimensions when the Chart object is activated.

The module that does the work is here:

Sub SetChartDimensions( strChartID, intWidth, intHeight )

Set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject( strChartID )
Set objPropPos = obj.GetRect
objPropPos.Width = intWidth
objPropPos.Height = intHeight

obj.SetRect objPropPos

End Sub

The module I call on the Charts .Activate event is here.  CH61 is the ID of the chart object in my container.  809 and 520 are the desired width and height.

Sub FixGoogleMap

SetChartDimensions "CH61", 809, 520  

End Sub

To setup the trigger for the chart's activate event, open properties for the Sheet, then select the Triggers tab.  Scroll down to the document object for your Container (CT##), then add an action for "OnActivate".  The action is External | Run Macro, and the Macro Name is FixGoogleMap (the name of the sub above).