Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Choose field to be used in expression in dropdown

I have a table that contains several dates, the fields are named CreatedDate, UpdatedDate and ClosedDate.

I have a chart that uses one of these dates as a measuring point for a graph with an expression like this: Count(If (CreatedDate>CalendarDate, Id, Null()))

I have created an inputbox with a dropdown containing the names of the three date-fields above and what I want is to be able to choose in the inputbox which date to be used in the expression. Is this possible? If so, how?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Solved it!

I created a inputbox connected to a variable, vDateConf, and with a dropdown with three set values: CreatedDate;UpdatedDate;ClosedDate

Then in my expression I did: Count(If ([$(vDateConf)] > CalendarDate, Id, Null()))

Now when I select a different field name in the dropdown the chart containing the expression changes accordingly.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Solved it!

I created a inputbox connected to a variable, vDateConf, and with a dropdown with three set values: CreatedDate;UpdatedDate;ClosedDate

Then in my expression I did: Count(If ([$(vDateConf)] > CalendarDate, Id, Null()))

Now when I select a different field name in the dropdown the chart containing the expression changes accordingly.