Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Silverlight Button is not showing up

Hi,

I just testing Silverlight hello world apps. I tried by creating a simple button action. I embedded the button in the partial html as object inside a div tag.

I adjusted the div tag height and width and tried few other things, but I cannot see the button inside my extension object. But when I am right cliking the extension object I can able to see the silverlight pop up.

Any Ideas where it went wrong!

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Using IE8. In your screenshot it shows Install Silverlight runtime. What happens after installing the Runtime.

I tried by changing the Color of the background and the button and deployed it again.Still the button inside the Silverlight control is not showing up.

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

So you're saying the reason it's showing up for me is because I already have silverlight installed?

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Very strange.  I just tried the extension on a machine without silverlight installed and one with it installed.  Both worked fine.  I can't seem to break your extension

Not applicable
Author

I have this same problem.  A very simple silverlight app that does not show up in QV but can be seen in IE/Firefox. 

If you right click on the block (div with border style) the Silverlight menu pops up.  But there is nothing in it just like Madhan's screenshot.

Does anyone have a sample QV Extension object that embeds a silverlight app?  I can't find one anywhere...

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

I found there is version incompatiablity also.

Qlikview Ocx is not loading in 2010 or later versions of VS.

But in VS 2008 it is working fine.

I tried with interopratablitiy for converting com to latest versions using .NET tools, but everything failes. Atlast I changed back to 2008 VS.

I will try to develop a simple app in 2008 and embedd it. (But we are using same .NET framework for sample silverlight app - in both 2008/2010 or later) Need to check this and reply to this chain