Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Box Plots Help

Hi Guys,

I found a post where a guy uploaded a boxplot, so that helped me figure out exactly how to create one. My problem is that there is this annoying legend that appears in my box plot and I have no idea how to remove it. Please can someone help. The legend appears as Box Plot Top.

I have tried disabling expression as legend but it keeps on 'reticking' itself

Thanks,

Byron

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Byron,

Can you post the link to  the uploaded box plot?

Thanks,

Tee

Not applicable
Author

Cain anyone provide a good example of the use of a box plot?  I cannot understand the instructions provided by QlikView.  An example would really help.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Teehiett

Just saw you message the other day. I managed to get this to work, will find that QV report and upload an example in my reply. I assume you are only interested in how to construct one, not how to interpret it?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Byron_van_wy,

yes, I am interested in constructing box plots as a means of getting management more aware of variability as opposed to merely looking at  averages.

Tee

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I could not find that document and remembered very quickly how annoying it is to build one So remembered this and it is by far the easiest way to construct a BP

Firstly, what version of QV are you using. I'm using 10 SR 2. Click on 'Tools > Box Plot Wizard' Follow the instructions.

For Dimension, something like date can be used. For aggregator, the value you want the quartiles to measure over. For expression I use the same as the aggregator, not 100% sure what the expression actually does. Display mode - Median I prefer for obvious reasons, I leave the inclue whiskers bos ticked and choose 5/95 percentile as well as tick the use outliers (min/max). Click finish and wolla Let me know if you come right

Not applicable
Author

This is an example of what I would like to produce.

Not applicable
Author

What I descriped above with give you exactly that. So where it says dimension, your dimension will obviously be paid up then of something like a, b, c, d et cetera which will give you a 'boxplot' for each. I believe in the 'display' tab you can change the orientation. Give a try of what I mentioned above and let me know if it works. if its not giving you what you want then upload an example of what you have achieved with some test data and I can have a look

Not applicable
Author

As you can see from the attachments, I am getting closer.  At least the organization is looking better but I am questioning the results. As you can see from the attachments, the box plot in QlikView does not represent the data shown in the statistics above the plot. The correct box plot from SPSS is shown in the second attachment.  Any idea on what I could be doing incorrectly?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Byron,

if you click the + expansion icon next to the expression, you can relabel the Box Plot Top component with a space or your label