Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis stopped working

I had a weird issue happen with one of my servers.

I have 2 QV Servers, a testing server and a productive server. The other day a dashboard was showing 0 for a column in the test server, and the exact same dashboard and column was working in the productive server. The expression that wasn't working was for example:

Sum({<MonthYear={'2001'}> Sales}

If I copied the expression,  removed set analysis and 'manually' filtered MonthYear=2001 it worked OK. Then I restored a backup of the dashboard, restarted QVS and it was back to normal Has this ever happened to anyone? Is this a reported bug? I'm running 10 SR3

8 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Juan, were you using any spanish characters in you set analysis expressions? because I have seen that before..

Not applicable
Author

yes, actually the field in the set analysis expression had a Ñ (añomes). I will get rid of those characters. Do you know if Qliktech is working on fixing that so it can accept spanish characters?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

No, sorry, I've no idea, I've seen the issue before but just changed the field name.

If you have the issue right now it might be a good idea for you to contact support and let them know.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I've not heard of this error before, but possibly wrapping the field name in [] or "" might keep QlikView from getting confused?

Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

The fields were wrapped in [], but it was still causing the issue.

Not applicable
Author

I have seen this issue as well.  At one of our clients it is occuring.  I cannot replicate it on our servers or in desktop.  They are on 10 SR 3.  I have found that using a dual field in set analysis was causing a problem.  I created a secondary column that was just the text value of the dual and it fixed the issue.  However, today it popped up again on a different chart and the set analysis is not using a dual field.  I am stumped right now.

Not applicable
Author

Did your field have non standard characters in the name?

Not applicable
Author

There is nothing special at all about the field name.  No spaces.  I tried [] around the field name.  No affect.