Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mail with bookmark as link -> wrong url

Hi peops,

We have a problem with our QV10 environment where the 'mail with bookmark as a link' function is outputting the wrong URL.

We have a qlikview 'cluster' running with 2 QV servers and on top of that the web access point is running.

All application are published to the webaccess portal and contain that specific URL when accessed, however, when generating a bookmark as a link, the function is trying to add the hostmachine where the actual application is loaded.

This is only a problem with the IE plugin, the Ajax one runs fine, however .. due to various reasons we need to have it working with the IE plugin as well.

Anyone a clue on how to solve this?

Thanks!

Phil

9 Replies
rskornia
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

did you solved the problem? If yes, how?

Best Regards

Rafael

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We have the same Problem with QV 11.2 SR3 too. I try to find the solution together with QV Support now. I let you know.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You will need to set the LinkMachine name in the QMC under Server settings. That should help you out.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

could you describe exactly where I can find this setting.

Thanks, Dimitri

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You would put in the FQN on the server.

1.png

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

thank you for your support. Unfortunately if I set the  Link Machine Name to webserver name or DNS name I get the following error. All Apps on the AccessPoint cannot be opened.

ScreenShot116.jpg

ScreenShot115.jpg

Dimitri

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Being you have cluster servers you have a seprate webserver. The problem is the address has to go to the server and not the webserver. This would mean you would have to NAT port 4747 to the servers that are running QVS.

Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes, we have a separate webserver. The Bookmarks work only if the link shows to a webserver or DNS Name.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello all,

I got a request from QlikView support just now. This problem was confirmed as bug with ID 65068 (QV Version 11.2 SR3). It will be solved sometime .  I hope in next service release.