Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thierrytt1102
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

load all the sheets from XLSX

Dears,

The code below shows how to load all the sheets of a XLS file. Unfortunately, I can't make the same for  XLSX files. Do you see where is the problem?

Thank you very much!

CONNECT TO [PROVIDER=MSDASQL; Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)}; DBQ=C:\Prod\file.xls];

tables:       

SQLtables;

DISCONNECT;

FOR i = 0 to NoOfRows('tables')-1

LET sheetName = purgeChar(peek('TABLE_NAME', i, 'tables'), chr(39));

AuditBasic:

CrossTable(Datum, docnum, 14)

LOAD *

FROM C:\Prod\file.xls (biff, embedded labels, header is 1 lines, table is [$(sheetName)]);

NEXT

DROP TABLE tables; 

17 Replies
thierrytt1102
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi,

I have office 2007 installed and I deleted some columns so you have a simple file. 14 isn't good anymore.

I'll check for office 2007 ODBC connection.

Thank you for your help

TT

Not applicable

Hi, Thierrytt.

With these statements (and Office 2007 installed), seems to work. I deleted the sentence "CrossTable" just to prove that the load process works OK.

Basically, change the type of access (as indicated by Sajeevan) to "ooxml" and cut the last "$" in the name of the table (I don't now why, but the name of the sheet in "tables" is with an extra "$").

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=pruebas;Extended Properties="DSN=pruebas;DBQ=C:\Temp\AuditPartners.xlsx;DefaultDir=C:\Temp;DriverId=1046;FIL=excel 12.0;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;"];
tables:       
SQLtables;
DISCONNECT;

LET sheetName = Left('$(sheetName)',Len('$(sheetName)') -1);
    AuditBasic:
    LOAD *
    FROM C:\Temp\AuditPartners.xlsx (ooxml, embedded labels, header is 1 lines, table is [$(sheetName)]);
NEXT
DROP TABLE tables; 

I hop this helps you.

thierrytt1102
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

hi,

I made the DSN like yours, it seems to be connected but I got that error:

AuditBasic:

LOAD *

FROM C:\Temp\AuditPartners.xlsx (ooxml, embedded labels, header is 1 lines, table is [project1])

Can't go further.

Does that depends on the driver?

Regards and thank you

Not applicable

Hi.

Perhaps is for the path. I wrote the path for testing in my PC ("C:\Temp\AuditPartners.xlsx").

¿Have you changed the path according with your environment?

Regards,

thierrytt1102
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Yes I did, and the connection seems to be OK.

The Load statement seems to be the problem

Not applicable

Hi.

It seems that the sentence "DISCONNECT" don't "diconnect" all; if you put another CONNECT sentence to another data source, it work:

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Extended Properties="DSN=pruebas;DBQ=C:\Temp\AuditPartners.xlsx;DefaultDir=C:\Performer\Temp;DriverId=1046;FIL=excel 12.0;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;"];
tables:       
SQLtables;
DISCONNECT;

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=Drop;Extended

Properties="DSN=Drop;DBQ=C:\Temp\Drop.xlsx;DefaultDir=C:\Performer\Temp;DriverId=1046;FIL=excel 12.0;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;"];

LET sheetName = Left('$(sheetName)',Len('$(sheetName)') -1);
    AuditBasic:
    LOAD *
    FROM C:\Temp\AuditPartners.xlsx (ooxml, embedded labels, header is 1 lines, table is [$(sheetName)]);
NEXT
DROP TABLE tables; 

Regards.

thierrytt1102
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Dear,

Thank you for your great help... it's the first time I see such a thing. But I don't understand what is your Drop.xlsx. What's does that contain?

I made a copy paste of the original  xlsx and it works fine now.

Thank you very much !!!

Not applicable

Hi.

No matter the content of de Drop.xlsx; just the fact of opening another connection. ¡In fact, I have done the same of you (copy-paste-rename of your original file)!.

Regards,