Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamielrajaram
Creator III
Creator III

total row

Good day,

Please could anyone assist with the following,

I have a pivot table with a date dimension and I count the number of users per day. What I need is to then have a total row that shows the average for the date range.

Thank you for your assistance

Kamiel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'd expect you to be able to just use this much of that expression:

avg(aggr(count(Users),Date))

If you're on a Date row, the average should just be of a single value, and should come out right, I think.  So I don't think you'd need to check rowno() or dimensionality() in this case.  I'm not sure how or if performance would differ between the expressions, or whether that matters.

Edit: Checked it.  It works.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III

The total row in a pivot table listens to rowno()=0.

So your expression could be:

if(rowno()=0,avg(Users), count(Users))

Regards,

Tjeerd Wieberdink

kamielrajaram
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for the quick response, the issue I have is that I only have users for specific days of the month and any user can be present on any day. is it possible to total the users, even over the date range and not distinct users

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Slight modification of Tjeerd's logic: if(rowno()=0,avg(aggr(count(Users),Date)), count(Users))

This will give you the average users per day. I personally prefer dimensionality()=0 to rowno()=0 by the way; seems to work better for some reason.

Regards,

Vlad

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'd expect you to be able to just use this much of that expression:

avg(aggr(count(Users),Date))

If you're on a Date row, the average should just be of a single value, and should come out right, I think.  So I don't think you'd need to check rowno() or dimensionality() in this case.  I'm not sure how or if performance would differ between the expressions, or whether that matters.

Edit: Checked it.  It works.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

use below code

if ( dimensionality()=0,avg(aggr(count(Users),Date)), count(Users)))

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Sunil Chauhan wrote:

use below code

if ( dimensionality()=0,avg(aggr(count(Users),Date)), count(Users)))

hope this helps

Exactly what Vlad said, then?