Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macro info for a beginner

I would like enquire about few things concerning Macros and VBScript methods.

1. I cannot use the vbscript debugger even though I have installed it (I have windows xp 32bit so it should be work)

What do you usually use for debugging the vbscript code?

2. Where I can get a good source for the VBSCRIPT methods and objects (function and others properties) related with qlikview documents?

The guide isn't very useful and in the manual there are just few examples

I hope that you can help me

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Macro debugger doesn't work and QlikTech doesn't support this functionality. Please read this thread for more understanding. However, I use MsgBox style debugging to evaluate the code. I mean traditional JavaScript style debugging.

I am attaching the QV API guide & HTML API documentation to explore VB Scripting integration. These are very useful reference to understand on how to integrate VBScript within QV document.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

Cheers - DV

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Macro debugger doesn't work and QlikTech doesn't support this functionality. Please read this thread for more understanding. However, I use MsgBox style debugging to evaluate the code. I mean traditional JavaScript style debugging.

I am attaching the QV API guide & HTML API documentation to explore VB Scripting integration. These are very useful reference to understand on how to integrate VBScript within QV document.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the kind answer....

Not applicable
Author

Hi tode1985,

I made a little experiment by using the VBScript Debugger of Excel to debug my QlikView VBScript Code. Maybe this is also helpful for you.. or maybe you have any suggestions on my proposal.

All details about the approach can be found here:

http://community.qlik.com/message/278381#278381

Kind regards

Chris