Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Shared Server Objects

What is the shared Server Objects? How to create this shared objects? How do we share an object?

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Managed to get this setup but then document errored on re-opening

from QVS log file

Warning The document D:\Dashboards\ServerPeformance\ServerPerf.qvw failed to load for unknown reasons (e=-64) [22].

any ideas anyone?

2010-03-15 09:41:05WarningThe document D:\Dashboards\ServerPeformance\ServerPerf.qvw failed to load for unknown reasons (e=-64) [22].

Not applicable
Author

I too am seeing that error where the IE plug-in loads and then if a reload is attempted, the browser errors out (via pop-up dialogue):

"OCX module is prepared for unload - cannot create object..."

...and then the only way to recover is to force-end the task. I'm running a Thinkpad T-500 with Windows 7 and IE 8. It is the 32-bit version of IE8 on Windows 7 Enterprise 64. The issue exists with both 8.5 SR1, 8.5 SR6, and with 9.0 (all servers).

Not applicable
Author

I just checked the logs and I too see:

"failed to load for unknown reasons (e=-64) [22]"

Not applicable
Author

Hello rfa,

thank you for the attached jpg, it was very useful for me!

Regards,

Daniele C

Not applicable
Author

In order for server objects to work there are the following requirements:

1. during the development of the document in the desktop you have to allow server objects. You can check this in the server tab of the document properties (by default this is switched on)
  2. in the QEMC you have to allow server objects at system > setup > server.
  3. In QV11 there is only a QEMC (but it is called QMC), but in QV9 and QV10 you need the QEMC to manage server objects and not the QMC.
  4. you have to allow users to create server objects. You do this in the QEMC as well: Documents > User Documents (by default everybode is allowed)
  5. till QV11 you needed an Enterprise Server for server objects. Since QV11 server objects are also possible on a Small Business server.