Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to extract only needed information from log file

Hi

How to extract only needed information from log file..?

Say I want username,timestamp and which file/report user had download.

Br

Avantika

6 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

The application in the following link reads qlikview server log.

http://community.qlik.com/qlikviews/1029

You can adjust it to get only the fields that you need.

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erich

I want to design my own script. Is there any way to design ? I am new to this QlikView

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can read the logs with your own script.

You can start from scratch or use the qv server performance as a reference.

If you open the script on that qvw you can check with files are accessed and their content.

To open the script you can use Ctrl+E or menu file -> Edit Script

Hope this helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erich

sorry but I am not getting your point

Could you plz explain in more detail ?

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I saw your other post. Maybe I misunderstood you.

Are you reading QlikView Server logs? or other type of log? If it is a different type, please post a small sample and we can help you write a script to read it.

Not applicable
Author

c:\programdata\qliktech\webserver\log\20100729.txt:7/29/201o 09:10:18.5297053 Information Request received [GET]: http://SERVER_NAME/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?open=&id=QVS@Server_NAME|DEMO/DOC_Name.qvw&client=Down...

c:\programdata\qliktech\webserver\log\20100729.txt-7/29/2010 09:10:18.5297053 Information <Global method="GetTicket"><UserId>USER_NAME</UserId><GroupList><string>xxxx..yyyy3</string><string>xxxx..yyyy</string><string>xxxx..yyyy</string><string>xxxx..yyyy</string><string>xxx..yyy</string></GroupList><GroupListIsNames>false</GroupListIsNames></Global>

c:\programdata\qliktech\webserver\log\20100729.txt-7/29/2010 09:10:18.5765068 Information <Global><_retval_>HFGGFKFG2</_retval_></Global>

c:\programdata\qliktech\webserver\log\20100729.txt-7/29/2010 09:10:18.5765068 Information <Global method="FileDownload"><Path>DEMO/DOC_Name.qvw</Path></Global>

THIS IS THE ONE OF THE KIND OF LOG. FROM this, I want  timestamp,username and report name, i.e. downloaded.

I have installed GREP FOR WINDOWS.