Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Custom authentication provider with QlikView

We want to integrate authentication system of a .net web application with QlikView. .net application authenticates users based on a separate sql database. Is there any way QlikView talks to custom authentication provider (.net app in this case)? Or if not .net what kind of server do we need to build.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I found "Directory Service Provider" inside QlikView SDK. That might be a good option to explore. Has anybody worked with "Directory Service Provider" before?

Not applicable
Author

Yes its possible. Import login credentails from SQL into section access. Trigger the application with query string to pass user crenditals. In QMC enable anonymous login. Ofcourse you need session cals as validation is outside qv system.

Regards,

Kiran.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply. One question, do I also need passwords from SQL? Because it is not possible to get clear text passwords due to security reasons.

Not applicable
Author

Passwords are not mandatory unlike UserID. You dont require actual text to validate. In your query string you can use encrypted password and userid  to retrive the document. For this having the encyrpted password in SECTION ACCESS will do the job.

Kiran.

Not applicable
Author

Oh I see what you mean. QlikView actually does not do any authentication in section access, it only compares those values. We are also looking at using http header to pass valid user ID for authentication.

That was helpful. Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Since users log on dynamically, you need sufficeint session CALs unless the users are within your NT Domain you cannot use NCALs.

Kiran.

Not applicable
Author

Yes I understand that. We are using Session cals for those users.