Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhassinger
Creator
Creator

Limiting chart dimensions and keeping them static

Here's what I am trying to do.

I have a chart which has a dimension, but I want to filter it so it only shows a subset of the dimension values. I've accomplished this using a calculated dimension that looks like:

=if(FieldXYZ='something',DimensionField,null())

This succesfully limits the chart to only showing Dimension2 values that have an association with 'something' in FieldXYZ. The issue I'm trying to overcome is that that when a user selects a particular value in Dimension2 (usually by clicking on the chart), I don't want the chart to reflect that selection. So if they start with 3 dimensions on the chart based on the value of the calculated dimension, I want those three things to stay on the chart, regardless of selecting one of those values.

So far I've had no luck using the expression above, playing with the "Supress when values are null" or "Show all values" checkboxes, or with using set analysis on the chart expression.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mhassinger
Creator
Creator
Author

I think I just figured it out, and of course it was simple. Just needed to add "DimensionField=" to the set analysis to ignore user selections.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

use set analysis in the expression:

sum({<FieldXYZ={'something'}>} Amount)

Leave dimension as Dimension Field. This will now return the sum of amount only if it relates to 'something' in FieldXYZ

mhassinger
Creator
Creator
Author

I've tried that, and it doesn't solve the problem I'm having, i.e. that you can still select a value of the dimension field, and that will still reduce the number of displayed dimension values on the chart.

mhassinger
Creator
Creator
Author

I think I just figured it out, and of course it was simple. Just needed to add "DimensionField=" to the set analysis to ignore user selections.