Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Distribution service

Hi,

I install QlikView Server 10 SR3 and all services are running but in QlikView Management Console > User Documents > Reload

i have this message :  

The QlikView distribution service is not currently running??

Please i need your help

Many Thanks

13 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

It seems you posted some pictures that were not properly attached. Can you please attach them or write down the error?

Regards,

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your replay here is pictures

ErrorDistributionService.jpg

Many thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

It's a pretty small image, but I think it will do. First of all, use the QlikView Enterprise Management Console instead of the QlikView Management Console. There you should be able to create and trigger reload tasks just fine.

If that doesn't work check the following:

• Have you checked that all QlikView services are running in the Windows services console (Startup, Run, services.msc)? Try stop all services and restarting them again.
  • Did you set administrator permissions (or privileges enough) so the distribution service can write in the folders where the files are going to be stored (the root folder and mounted folders in the QEMC, System, Setup, QlikView Server, folders)?
  • Can you reload manually if you get locally to the files?

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Re starting all services should work

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I try everything :stop and restart all services and i am Admin for my machine

I have same problem

any idee

Many thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Did you try the QlikView Enterprise Management Console instead as I suggested above?

Regards,

Miguel Angel Baeyens

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

With QlikView Entreprise Management Console i have access to Reload, is it sufficient that?

but in QlikView Management Console no

Many thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

QlikView Enterprise Management Console is the one you have to use. The other one is still in version 10 (probably because interface compatibility or something like that), but dissapears in version 11, that "merges" both into one only QlikView Management Console. There may be some lack of functionality in the QMC that is causing those issues. QEMC should not.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Many thanks for your replay

I have another question in my machine i install IIS 7 and i am using QlikView web server

What difference between IIS7 and QWS?

if that tow (IIS7 & QWS) turn i will have problem to access to QlikView Accesspoint ?

Many thanks