Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
picturebox
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

String versus Date when exporting to Excel

Hi,

I know this discussion has gone around a number of times, but I haven't found a solution. I have a string with year and calendar week. I do not use date functions to read / format / sort or anything else, I build the string YYYY/CW as a pure string in the script using concat functions. When I export to Excel I get differing results.: either I get a string that is the same as above, but more often than not I get a 40 000 number which is the date equivalent in Excel speak. Very often I get a mishmash of the two in one column ... but generally I can say that it is always the same for one PC system, so it changes from PC to PC. If I use a date format in Excel it will return the first Monday of the week to me, but that is not what I want. I want that string with yyyy/cw ... just like I see it in QV.

What do I need to do to ensure that my users are able to export correctly?

Thanks,

Petra

1 Reply
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Well, not sure if this is of any help, but have you tried playing around with the settings under settings-user perferences-export, especially disabling the send to excel option "Use regional settings for Send to Excel"?