Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Features available to non-developer end users

Hello! I am new to QlikView and I am currently trying out the personal edition version. What features can an end-user with a non-developer license see in a document? Would they have the ability to reload data? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

It all depends on your deployment. If you deploy with QV Server - you can use the AJAX (Zero Footprint - doesn't need client-side install) client where the end-users only have read rights - but all front-end QlikView functionality.

If however you plan to deploy to desktop clients - as Jason says - there are many aspects you can control via security settings.

QlikTech did away with Analyzer / Developer clients since about QV9.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

sanandon,

please check out the personal edition FAQ:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1799

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

QlikView has extremely granular security controls for end users; the QlikView Desktop Personal Edition is wide open for you to develop documents, but if you were to deploy to your end users, you can control most aspects of the application via security settings.

Not applicable
Author

It all depends on your deployment. If you deploy with QV Server - you can use the AJAX (Zero Footprint - doesn't need client-side install) client where the end-users only have read rights - but all front-end QlikView functionality.

If however you plan to deploy to desktop clients - as Jason says - there are many aspects you can control via security settings.

QlikTech did away with Analyzer / Developer clients since about QV9.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone for all your helpful responses. I appreciate it!