Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Setting variable from slider object

Hi all,

I have a slider/calendar object that allows you to select any month since Jan 2004. I'd like to store the currently selected month in a variable so that I can reference it in a few expressions I'm working on. I've never really worked with variables in Qlikview before, so I have no idea what I'm doing or even where to begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jacob

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Jacob,

First, create the variable in the Settings menu, Variable Overview. You can crete them as well in the script using LET or SET (the first evaluates the right part of the "=" then stores, the latter only stores as a literal what comes to the right of the "=").

Check this application that uses variables and sliders/calendar objects with a calendar table.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there - I have a video example of using sliders on my web site at http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-videos/ .  Hopefuly this may give you some pointers as to what you need to do.

- Steve

Not applicable
Author

1. create variable as go to document properties -> variables -> click on new button -> name the variable. your variable gets created.

2. right click on sheet -> new sheet object -> select slider/calender object -> on general tab -> click checkbox variables -> select the variable you have created -> on general tab provide min and max value which is the minimum and maximum date which you want to take in calender. Either you can hard code the date or provide any expression.

3. your calender object gets created. select any date from the calender.

4. to see the date take text object and provide expression:

=date(VariableName)

your date gets displayed.

regards

vijit