Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

google maps in Qlikview not so simple

Hi Guys,

i'm still new to qlikview

I went tru this tutorails to learn how to add google maps in a qlikview document. However it is not as simple as I thought it would be

I've created a new Qlikview file and copied the map chart to my new qlikview file. However I get the error message no data to display. It can be the internet settings because I connect directly to the internet without a proxy/firewall.

The tutorails load country's as:

Albania,

Algeria,

Argentina,

Armenia,

Australia,

Austria,

Azerbaijan,

Bahrain,

Suppose I want to load one country for example The Netherlands and zoom in till postcode level. What steps do I need to take to acieve is? I have a Excel list with all the postcode and want to link them to (the google) map, and calculate for example profit per city. Just don't know where to start. execpt trying to understand how to add the google map, that's hopefully a good step.

I've add both the 'google tutorial' and my 'practice sheet'

Hope u can help!

Thanks in advance!

iSam

20 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Martha,

THANK YOU very much for your help!!! It was in deed the variabrales that needed to be changed in order to get it right.

I am curious why you decided to drop the table ?

muchas gracias

iSam

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dennis,

I now have the qlikview map working with the map of the Netherlands. When I view my qlikview file via the web, the map disappears.

Is it because I don’t have a premium version of google maps or is it because I’m behind a proxy server?

Hope u can help me out.

Cheers

iSam

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sam,

I wanted to reload the document so i had to make a copy of it and load the tables from the binary file. I changed your variable names from Lng to longitude and Lat to latitude so I wouldnt have to change all of the map. But you already had defined this names in the table that worked so I decided to drop it to prevent duplicates.

Glad it helped.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No thank u. May in a later stage.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ola Martha,

Thanks for your replay. Do you have experience with a static map? I can’t get the bubble and cities to match:

http://community.qlik.com/message/151312#151312

Cheers!

iSam

rotero
Creator
Creator

is there a tutorial there how to use it along withg QV10 (personal editon).. i really interested...

FYI: our company is now talking to the vendor and actually using it in our own data source just to play around and i found it very interesting... this map with visual representation of sales is a big help to make my boss agreed to buy this software... hope you could help me..

TIA

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Attached is a tutorial how to add the google map. I don’t know if this will work on the personal edition. If it does work, make sure that you have a gmap_key (http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html ). If you live in Europa you may need to change the decimalset from: SET DecimalSep=',';

To SET DecimalSep='.';

Last but not least make sure you have latitude and longitude data of your country or city you want to show data from.

Hope this helps

Regards,

isam

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find out why Google Maps is not appearing in Qlikview Publisher via Internet Explorer. Could it be that it has something to do with these settings below?

Qlikview Management Console

Qlikview Server AccessPoint

Qlikview SDK

Default License Lease Server

Publisher Autorisation Table

These settings are empty. I don't know if that's correct.

qlikview publisher.JPG

Hope someone can help!

Cheers!

iSam

Eugeny_Ilyin
Creator II
Creator II

Hi all.

How to make a Google map in other language?

Best regards,

Eugeny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think there’s only one version of google maps, it may depen on the language you have.