Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How display different forms or colors in google map

Hello,

Firstly, I displayed my articles on a google map but now I would like to represent these articles in different forms or in different colors.

Can you help me?

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use an expression to change the colours of the dots on your map. To do this you need to use the "Background Color" property of the first expression in your chart (typically the latitude expression). Using this you can define a condition to set the colour. Let me know if you need any more information.

I hope this helps

Thanks

Nick

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, it's exactly what I want...

Bye

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I tried what you said and it perfectly works.

Thank you for your help 😉

One more question: Do you know how I can use my own form (image.png) to represent different objects.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

As far as I'm aware there is no way to actually specify an image for your dots. I've tried various options but with no success.

Thanks

Nick

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Ok, no problem I will use different colors.

And if I find something about changing the forms I will let you know how do it.

bye

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

GIS/Maps Analytics in QlikView is a very interesting topic indeed.

However, there are many technical limitations in using Google Maps (GMaps) to display QlikView KPI indicators. First of all, the drill-down, pan and selection capabilities are quite limited. Moreover, you cannot display several indicators at the same time and on the same map (background + foreground indicators), you are also limited to draw bubbles and therefore you cannot display pie/bar charts nor "real" heat maps. Finally, you cannot display QlikView KPIs on specific Sales/Business Areas with GMaps such as the Bricks in the Pharmaceutical sector (Brick = aggregation of zipcodes).

On top of that, there are also a few "commercial" aspects to be considered since many QlikView customers & channel partners use GMaps API "FREE" Key inside their QlikView server or rich client without complying with GMaps license terms...Indeed, for "professional internal use" (intranet, extranet or internet with username/password authentication to QlikView application), you must buy GMaps API "Premier" which costs about 10,000 $ USD per year or 8,500 euros per year + possible extra fees depending upon the total number of daily hits.

A few alternatives exist such as Open Street Map (totally FREE) or other WMS/TMS services. I hereby suggest you to have a look at our new mapping extension for QlikView 11 SR1 namely "GeoQlik v11.6":

http://www.geoqlik.com/en/geoqlik-for-qlikview/geoqlik-v11.html

Please find hereafter a few screenshots of GeoQlik V11.6 using WMS/TMS services to display QlikView KPIs

geoqlik_v11_demo_1.JPG

geoqlik_v11_demo_2.JPG

geoqlik_v11_demo_3.JPG

geoqlik_v11_full.jpg

Thanks and best regards,

David

@ Business Geografic