Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I access the original files behind a dashboard?

Hi,

my buddy sent me a Qlikview dashboard and I would like to review the spreadsheets that are behind his dashboard / .qvd. I tried exporting to excel and to .txt using the "Store" function but nothing worked. Could anyone tell me if there is somekind of "source function" ?

Thanks in advance for all your input!

Sebastiaan

6 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try this

store mytable into myfile.txt (txt);

or

Use Table Box and give all the columns in a table and then export it to excel by clicking XL icon, likewise repeat this for all tables.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the swift reply. I get everything into an .xls using the Table Box but the only problem is I do not get "clean" data since some tables or linked to one another. Any idea how I can avoid this or do I have to change something in the script?

Best regards,

Sebastiaan

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use a binary load of the qvw (please refer to the Help for that), then you have control over the data model and you can modify it quite easily.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Stefan but I still get the issue mentioned above, e.g. that one or more categories are linked and thus not provide the "clean" data document. Any help with that?

Best regards,

Sebastiaan

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I don't think there is a way to access the original data source layout, so if the script used in the dashboard e.g. used some joins etc. you will not be able to retrieve the actual source data.

If the original data tables were only linked, I think it should be possible to just store the tables either in your script or from the UI as mentioned above.

Hm, probably I just don't get what you want, could you explain it with some lines of pseudo scipt code or a mock up data model?

Not applicable
Author

I don't think the document is really complicated but for personal reasons I prefer not to post it here. However, you can compare it to one of the exercises in the free training (the one with the salesdata). I checked back and there you have the same problem: the tables come out more or less the same after exporting them through a table box but due to the links they are not a 100% identical. The best thing I can do is to delete all the links in the code I guess...