Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

dimension set to filter rows

I could not hide NONE products ROWS in ABC analysis. in attached file made by John Whiperspoon. I tried dimension set but I could not do.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Well, I thought all it would take is setting up the [Accumulated Sales] column so that it was null when ABC was null without referring to the ABC column.  There might be an easier way, but this seems to work:

if(rangesum(sum(MonthlySalesNetValue),above([Accumulated Sales]))
<= (A_Perc + B_Perc + C_Perc) * Sum(Total MonthlySalesNetValue)
and (rowno()=1 or above([Accumulated Sales]))
  ,rangesum(sum(MonthlySalesNetValue),above([Accumulated Sales])))

However, even when that is the ONLY expression in the chart, and we're suppressing nulls, the null rows do not suppress.  I honestly don't know why.

Anyway, if they DID suppress, then all the other expressions could just take this form to make them suppress as well.

if(len(ABC),Expression)

Maybe it's a starting point.  I'm probably missing something obvious about why the rows are suppressing, so we could be just one simple step from an answer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Well, I thought all it would take is setting up the [Accumulated Sales] column so that it was null when ABC was null without referring to the ABC column.  There might be an easier way, but this seems to work:

if(rangesum(sum(MonthlySalesNetValue),above([Accumulated Sales]))
<= (A_Perc + B_Perc + C_Perc) * Sum(Total MonthlySalesNetValue)
and (rowno()=1 or above([Accumulated Sales]))
  ,rangesum(sum(MonthlySalesNetValue),above([Accumulated Sales])))

However, even when that is the ONLY expression in the chart, and we're suppressing nulls, the null rows do not suppress.  I honestly don't know why.

Anyway, if they DID suppress, then all the other expressions could just take this form to make them suppress as well.

if(len(ABC),Expression)

Maybe it's a starting point.  I'm probably missing something obvious about why the rows are suppressing, so we could be just one simple step from an answer.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi John,

if I got the issue correctly, that's because (the Help file states about above() function):

Suppression of zero values is automatically disabled when these functions are used.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

swuehl wrote:

Hi John,

if I got the issue correctly, that's because (the Help file states about above() function):

Suppression of zero values is automatically disabled when these functions are used.

Doh!  Foiled by a technicality!  I figured I was missing something simple.

Not applicable
Author

John really thank you

You are one of to major reason that we love qlikview in our company