Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create custom users via API

Is it possible to create custom users (in DSC->Custom directory) via an API?

I've looked through both the QMS API and the code for the qv-user-manager power tool, but all I see is the ability to create CALs.

I really miss some 'getting started' documentation for the QMS API. It's great that it's actually documented in the QMSAPIDocumentation.chm file, but it's a rather extensive API so it feels a bit like looking for a needle in a hay stack...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I ended up using the ODBC connectivity, storing the users in a DB. This sounds like a much better solution than using XML.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I found that custom users are stored in an XML file (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\CustomDirectoryData.xml)

It is possible to update this XML to create users. However the XML file will not be read unless the service is restarted or possibly some cache expiry duration.

Not applicable
Author

I ended up using the ODBC connectivity, storing the users in a DB. This sounds like a much better solution than using XML.

venkat05091990
Contributor
Contributor

Just wanted to know, if you modify the CustomDirectoryData.xml , i could see we cannot put password there.When i open it, the passwords are in encrypted form.Is there anything there to populate the password also.