Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

connecting to Primavera Database

I am new to Qlikview and we are just implementing. I have been playing hooking to excel tables, however I believe there is a way to connect to the full P6 database, does anyone have and answer for me?

5 Replies
Ferran_Garcia_Pagans
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

As long as I know Oracle Primavera uses 2 Oracle Database schemas, isn't it?

You can use an ODBC.

Ferran.

Not applicable
Author

It does and We use sql database, when connecting do I use the database username and password or do I use the sql user name and password?

Thank You,

Mary E. Jones

Project Controls Lead

2155 Robertson Dr.

Richland, WA 99354

Ph: (509) 943-6706 or (800) 322-6706

Fax: (509) 943-1835

mjones@mceng.com

Visit our website at: www.go2mce.com<http://www.go2mce.com>

The information contained in this message is privileged and intended only for the recipients named. If the reader is not a representative of the intended recipient, any review, dissemination or copying of this message or the information it contains is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender, and delete the original message and attachments.

Ferran_Garcia_Pagans
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Mary,

I think you only need to acces an Oracle database schema. To do that you need a Oracle db user with acces to the schema.

To configure an ODBC connection to Oracle I usually use the Oracle client. You need to install it in the QV Server box and in the machine your are using for development (QV Desktop). Be careful with Oracle client version.

When you have an ODBC Connection you can use from the script to connect with Oracle.

Look in this article:

http://techiedan.com/2010/08/12/linking-qlikview-and-oracle-using-odbc/

Hope this help, F.

Sri1223
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Ferran_Garcia_Pagans

Thanks for sharing the article-connecting to Primavera Database.

To configure an ODBC connection to Oracle I usually use the Oracle client. You need to install it in the QV Server box and in the machine your are using for development (QV Desktop). Be careful with the Oracle client version. We will note this and  I get back to you very soon. I hope this may help you -Here we have a Primavera P6 Tutorial expertise in implementing Project Portfolio Management solutions.

Regards,

Srija.

mango123
Contributor
Contributor

Primavera P6 Database Connection Configuration Details

In the login dialog, click on the Database field's ellipse button.
In the Edit Database Connections dialog, select the PMDB database.
Click on the Configure.
In the Select or Create Alias dialog, choose the following settings.
Click Next.