Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating a Heatmap / Matrix

Hi,

I am looking to create a risk-type heatmap based on a data column with values like these:

1A

3B

4C

2A etc

I would like to plot them on a chart that looks like below. The cells should contain a count of the various values (e.g. '1A') and should be plotted by number and letter.

It would also be desirable to colour the cells dynamically based on the count value. For example to highlight a cell in red that was above 15% of the total.

(Impact)

A, B, C

(Possibility)

I am a newbie, so any help that you could provide would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Al

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please check the attachment, hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Can you attach the sample data file.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Absolutely. Apologies I should have included this with my original post.

Sample data file attached.

Regards,

Alan

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I got your file, but I need some clarification.

Let me know what is the field name in your file for Impact, Possibility and what are values you are showing the report for example 1, 1, 4,  2, 3, 4 etc.

(Impact)

A, B, C

(Possibility)

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

The field name for Impact and Possibility is 'GrossRisk'. This field contains two characters, a number followed by a letter. The number dictates the Impact and the letter dictates the Possibility on the example grid.

So I would imagine I need to split the two characters into two separate fields so that they can be used. If that is the case, should this be completed in the script or within an expression?

The values that I am showing in the example (i.e. 1, 1, 4,  2, 3, 4 etc.) are fictitious representations of the counts that I would like to see. So, for example the 9 represents a count of the number of '2A' values. (Please note that the values in the file do not relate to this example).

Hope this helps.

Al

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please check the attachment, hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Many thanks - that works a treat!

Cheers

Al