Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sending email

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to send email from qlikview. I need to send a chart when the reload finished. I'm using the "after reload" trigger and a macro code found at this community. I'm exporting the chart to excel and after that attaching it. Now, I have two issues:

1) from the desktop edition, I can send only to recipients from the domain. The error I found is "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxxxxx@xxxxx.com.ar "

2) is not working at all on the server. Even the files are not exported.

Hope someone can help.

Regards.

Damian

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel, I want to ask you something else. I made some changes to the code. The macro is on the OnPostReload trigger. I added a log routine. I'm sending emails from QV desktop (installed on the server), and the log file is OK. But, from command line with /r option the execution is aborted, without errors. And the log file is not created. Attached is my code.

My suspect is that the problem is the Module Security Level and User Allowed Security Level. When I opened the document with the desktop, I answer to let macros. But from command line there is no question like that.

Can you help me?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When I configure my mail server settings and send a test email, I get the following: "Email was sent successfully, please check your inbox." When I check my inbox there is no email.

Am I missing something?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Damian,

Use the /NoSecurity parameter in addition to the /r so you are not prompted for macro security or it stops when it cannot prompt:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /NoSecurity /r "C:\File.qvw"

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Cori,

Is there any chance that your emails are dropping into the spam or junk folder instead of the inbox?

Regards.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Migueal, that is what it was. Thanks for the post.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel.

I added /NoSecurity in the command line. Still the same problem... the log file is created, but empty. The mail is not sent. Something else I can do?

Thanks. Regards.

Damian.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Migueal,

Thats what it was, thanks for the post.

Cori