Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distinct buckets

Hi,

I am trying to create a pie chart that contains a distinct set of buckets. The dataset looks like:

Object ID     Value     Date

1234               0        01/01/2011

1234               1        02/01/2011

1234               1        03/01/2011

1234               0        04/01/2011

3456               0        01/01/2011

5678               0        01/01/2011

The value field is set at the transaction level, i.e. an Object ID can have a value of 1 and 0, but at different dates.

So the result of the pie chart should be 3 distinct Object IDs:

- 1 Object ID (1234) in Bucket A, i.e. 33.33%

- 2 Object IDs in Bucket B, i.e. 66.66%

I.e. Because Object ID 1234 contains at least one Value of 1, I would like to place it in the seperate bucket.

Currently, based on the dimension =if([Value]=1, 'Bucket A', 'Bucket B') with expression =count(distinct [Object ID]) returns 1 for Bucket A and 3 for Bucket B, which is 4 (Object ID 1234 is pushed into both buckets because it also contains 0 Values. The total distinct population of Object IDs should be 3.

Please can you help.

Thanks,

Aminul

14 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Whoa, that was unexpected and weird! I'm attaching a version that works in v11.

-Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Much better, but a few issues with this.

1) when i drill down to select 'NULL' bar, i.e. one bucket, it still displays the Zero bucket.

2) when i add in the category dimension, it creates a large space between the two current buckets, as if there was a third bucket there. I am planning on adding at least 3 additional dimensions, e.g. category, subcategory and year.

3) i can't drill down into the '0' bucket.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Time to take your bucketing to the script, your UI will be too complicated otherwise. See attached.

For #2, that's too many dimensions for a bar chart, won't work. Try a straight or pivot table.

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

That's sorted it, awesome! Many thanks!

Re point 2, I meant to say as a drill-down dimension.

Cheers!

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Please verify correct answers