Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Alerts

Do I need QV Publisher to get email alerts to work?

I have an alert that works fine in the development environment, but when I post it on the server it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Cori

16 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

If by alert you mean an actual conditional alert in QV, then I'm assuming your alert fires OnPostReload? If so, OnPostReload events are disabled (intentionally) on Server and Publisher reloads so there's no way to get that to work automatically.

If by "alert" you mean just notify users that a reload is finished, then that will work but yes, you need Publisher for that.

Regards,

Vlad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Vlad, Thanks for the post. I am doing an conditional alert in QV and the alert fires OnPostReload. Can I enable OnPostReload events? If so, how?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

OnPortReload triggers just won't work on server-side reloads, sorry.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Vlad,

OnPostReload alerts work for me. See

http://qlikviewnotes.blogspot.com/2010/09/monitoring-reload-schedule.html

for an example.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rob, the link you gave is exactly what I am trying to do.

Works in dev environment but not on the server.

Not applicable
Author

I use them all the time (QV9Sr4) with no problems and I dont use QVP.

Have you get the alert settings correct (batch/interactive)? Does a very simple alert fire?

Regards

Gordon

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have both interactive and batch checked. The alert will work if I run it using a batch file. The alert will not work if I run the task inside of my management control panel.

Am I missing a simple setting somewhere?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Rob,

I know that OnPostReload works, I just thought that it didn't work when QDS initiates the reload. I've had QT people confirm this on multiple occasions as a WAD. But you say it's working for you?

-Vlad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Its working now. Not sure what I did different.

I was having trouble with spam setting this morning. We just got those settings configured correctly so I am guessing that was the problem.

Thanks everyone for the great responses.

Cori