Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculating % difference between values

Hello

I know this topic has been discussed many times on this forum, but I have a slightly different question. Please see the attached QV doc and spreadsheet.

I have some "triangle" data in QV. Triangle data shows the development of a figure by month for a set of origin months.

So for example, it shows all claims reported in Jan-11 and shows their financial position at end Jan-11 (development month=0), end Feb-11 (development month=1), end Mar-11 (development month=2) and so on. And on the next row it shows all claims reported in Feb-11 and shows their financial position at end Feb-11 (development month=0), end Mar-11 (development month=1) and so on. Have a look at the QV doc which should hopefully clarify!

I've made the triangle in QV no problem, but now I need two more triangles which show the difference between development months. The spreadsheet shows what I mean more clearly.

Is it possible to create these extra difference triangles?

Many thanks

James

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try using

=if( columnno()>1 and count([Total Paid]),sum([Total Paid])- before(sum([Total Paid])), if( count([Total Paid]),sum([Total Paid]),NULL() ))

and

=if( columnno()>1 and count([Total Paid]),(sum([Total Paid])- before(sum([Total Paid])))/before(sum([Total Paid])), NULL() )

as expressions. See also attached.

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try using

=if( columnno()>1 and count([Total Paid]),sum([Total Paid])- before(sum([Total Paid])), if( count([Total Paid]),sum([Total Paid]),NULL() ))

and

=if( columnno()>1 and count([Total Paid]),(sum([Total Paid])- before(sum([Total Paid])))/before(sum([Total Paid])), NULL() )

as expressions. See also attached.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Wonderful!

kaushalview
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

Swuel

I need your help for create a triangle report.

I have attached the triangle formate report.Triangle.jpg

regards

Kaushal Mehta