Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help. Error shutting down our QlikView system

Hi all,

We started receiving an email error message as follows below.  Now every time a published task runs to distribute a  dashboard it fails with this message. I have highlighted the important part. It is affecting every dashboard and we have about 20 of them.  This is very urgent.  Any help would be appreciated.

We are on version 9.07235.7.  I've read that this could be a bug, but what is the fix?

Thank you.

Don

The task "QV Operations Monitor" failed. Partof the log file follows:

12/16/2011 3:04:44 PM   Error Distribution failed for resource "QVOperations Monitor_QVS_1" (QlikViewServerDistributionResource).Exception=System.Exception: Could not run DSC.GetFileSystemSecurity --->System.Exception: Directory Service Connector returned no users or groups. Isit configured correctly ?

atQDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.GetFileSystemSecurity(ILogBucket i_LogBucket,FileSystemPluginHelper i_FileSystemPluginHelper, List`1 i_ObjectPaths)

--- End of innerexception stack trace ---

atQDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.GetFileSystemSecurity(ILogBucket i_LogBucket,FileSystemPluginHelper i_FileSystemPluginHelper, List`1 i_ObjectPaths)

atQDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.GetFileSystemSecurity(ILogBucket i_LogBucket,FileSystemPluginHelper i_FileSystemPluginHelper, List`1 i_RecipientList)

atQDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.CreateSettingsBlock(ILogBucketi_LogBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper i_FileSystemPluginHelper, Stringi_SourceDocumentName, DateTime i_LastUpdate, DateTime i_NextUpdate, Booleani_EventDriven, String i_Category, eDistributionFileTypei_TotalDistributionFileTypeMask, FilePackageContainer i_FilePackageContainer)

atQDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket,DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest)

atQDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(ILogBucket i_LogBucket,Int32 i_Round, Distribution i_Distribution, IEnumerable`1 i_DistributionResources)

12/16/2011 3:04:44 PM   Error Distribution to resources failed with errors.Warnings=0, Errors=1

12/16/2011 3:04:44 PM   Error The task "QV Operations Monitor"failed. ErrorCount=2

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I believe I found the problem.  We have three active directory domains with one being the main one.  When I changed the e-mail recipient on the Publisher Setting of the Management Console and pressed the Apply button, it set all of the active directory settings to the default which I did not want to happen.  I had to add all of the domains back on the Enterprise console.  I don't know if this is due to our complex domain structure or a bug. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I believe I found the problem.  We have three active directory domains with one being the main one.  When I changed the e-mail recipient on the Publisher Setting of the Management Console and pressed the Apply button, it set all of the active directory settings to the default which I did not want to happen.  I had to add all of the domains back on the Enterprise console.  I don't know if this is due to our complex domain structure or a bug.