Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

dimension using Valuelist with two equal values

hi

i need to create a straight table with the next structure

Concept         Expression1   Expression2   Expression3

Sales                 -                      -                        -

2010              1000                2000               3000

2011               2000               3000               4000

Cost                  -                      -                    -

2010               3000              4000                5000

2011               4000              5000                6000

i have created the sales structure, i used the valuelist in my dimension like this

valuelist('Sales',$(=vAnio_Anterior),$(=vAnio_Actual),'cost')

and all found well, but if i put the next value in my dimension, the report does not work, i mean i put this dimension

valuelist('Sales',$(=vAnio_Anterior),$(=vAnio_Actual),'cost',$(=vAnio_Anterior))

and Qlikview doesn't  show the 2010 value, i have tried whith this

valuelist('Sales',$(=vAnio_Anterior),$(=vAnio_Actual),'cost',$(=vAnio_Anterior) & ' Cost') 

but the program frozen up, i don't know what happen, someone know how i can do this

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I believe your synthetic dimension values should be unique, or how is QV supposed to know which value to choose if you query for e.g. 2011 Cost?

I think you could use two synthetic dimensions e.g. in a pivot table, first like

=valuelist('Sales','Cost')

second

=valuelist($(=vAnio_Anterior),$(=vAnio_Actual) )

then in an expression you can query both dimension values by stating the exact valuelist phrases again.

But maybe you don't even need the synthetic dimensions, I think you can also limit e.g. Year dimension just by the use of a calculated dimension, and maybe you already have a FigureType field with values 'Sales' and 'Cost'?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Yikes, that's a mess! If you want to leave the chart like this, I would suggest creating a separate island dimension:

expression_island:

LOAD * INLINE [

EXP_island

Sales

Cost

];

Then your chart would look something like this:

Dimensions: Exp_island, Year

Expression #1:

if(EXP_island='Sales',sum({<Year={">=$(vAnio_Anterior)"}>}Sales),sum({<Year={">=$(vAnio_Anterior)"}>}Cost))

Regards,

Vlad