Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Binary load App files "Aborting" since upgrade to v10 SR4

I have a number of reports split into Data and App files.  The Apps contiain the GUI and the sectino access. 

Since upgrading to SR4, the App files get locked into a permanent state of 'Aborting', and the only way to fix it is to reboot the qlikview processes.  But the problem soon returns.

The error message I get is "failed to load because of no access [15].", but nothing has changed since SR3, where it worked fine.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

11 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Does the reload task have the account running the QlikView services configured? Is that account added in the NTNAME field of your section access with ADMIN in the field ACCESS?

Hope that helps,

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

In SR3, everything worked fine.

In SR4, my App files won't reload.

All other files reload fine, including the Data files that the App file reads.

To avoid confusion.

I have a qlikview document split into two parts, the Data file contains the scripting and table structure.  The App file contains a Binary Load of the Data file, and all the charts.

I have other files that are not split like this, and they are working fine.  The Data files are also working fine.

Users can also access the App files via the AccessPoint without issue.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Based in the error displayed (no access) usually has to do with section access. Are you using section access in the script of any of the files (the one that does the binary load or the one that stores what is later binary loaded)?

Does the files reload right if you open them locally using Desktop and running manually the reload?

Hope that makes more sense now.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Yes, it works fine if you open it in developer.. Everything seem fine, except that QMC and QEMC show it as Aborting and it stops auto reloading.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Ok,

Probably obvious and you may have done this already, but you need to specify in the Reload task page of the QEMC any USERID or NTNAME with ADMIN permissions in your section access ACCESS field. In order to load all data, you will need to add the NTNAME account that the QlikView services are running under to your section access.

Check this post that answers a similar issue:

http://community.qlik.com/message/146259#146259

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Nope, thats all fine. 

As I said, this was working fine before the upgrade to SR4. 

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Does the reload performs if you go to the QEMC and click on the "Play" button at the side of the task? Have you tried restarting your services?

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

No. As I stated in my origninal post

Since upgrading to SR4, the App files get locked into a permanent state of 'Aborting', and the only way to fix it is to reboot the qlikview processes.

I can't click the play button, since it says the file is 'Aborting'

Not applicable
Author

After further playing, it seems that the Qlikview Server is refusing to load any file that has a binary load in it.

It just hangs, and eventually changes to Aborting.

Has anyone else experienced this?