Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connecting to Multiple Databases

Hi all,

Do you know if it is possible to connect to multiple databases, and load the same table from each database. The screenshot below demonstrates my issue:

screenshot.bmp

I am trying to load the table entitled GL_ASSET from two databases. I have renamed one table Mainttest_asset and one housing_asset, yet despite connecting to both, it loads both tables as Mainttest_asset and when creating a chart, list box etc, I only see one instance of this table, with one set of data loaded in it. Despite this, it has loaded another table from the second database connection.

Is it therefore possible to load the same table from different databases if they have the same name?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Steven Prentice

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Steven,

when loading two tables with same fields, QV appends the second table to the first one. If you don't want that behavior try to use a NOConcatenate LOAD like:

housing_asset:

NoConcatenate

LOAD

. . .

HtH

Roland

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi Steven,

when loading two tables with same fields, QV appends the second table to the first one. If you don't want that behavior try to use a NOConcatenate LOAD like:

housing_asset:

NoConcatenate

LOAD

. . .

HtH

Roland