Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google Maps Issue

I am creating a map where I would like to see the number of people who have given gifts based on zip code -- when I am using google maps and I create an expression for count(account_id), the value is coming up as zero. Can anyone help me figure out how to get the count I need? I am new to Qlikview and am not quite understanding how to get the map to display the information correctly.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Here is the solution:

Because the longitude and latitude are stored at Account level but they have the same values for all Accounts in the same zip code, I removed the sum in longitude and latitude expressions and put in max function where ever you use longitude and latitude fields.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi, have you tried producing a straight table first with ZIP as the dimension and your count as the expression? Is it showing zero there or just in the scatter chart?

Not applicable
Author

Richard –

Thanks for your response – I have found that the issue is not that it is showing zeros, but that any value that has a count of greater than one is not displaying a bubble.

See the attached qvw.

Kathy

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've had a look and everything seems fine. What I ended doing is copying one of my map objects onto your report, changed the background image so its using your API key and changes the expression so it's counting your AccountIDs and it worked fine.

So I'm guessing its a chart setting.

Merry Christmas

Richard

Not applicable
Author

I copied a map from another application and now it does not show any bubbles at all. I am very new to this and I am a bit frustrated that I cannot get this to work.

Kathy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kathy,

Hope you had a good Christmas,

I'm not sure I understand your last post - The file I posted showed data for all the Zip Codes when I viewed it on my machine, are you saying that the file I sent over, when viewed by yourself, showed no data points at all or was the map itself missing?

Richard

Not applicable
Author

Hello Kathy,

I took another look at this today and think I understand your point. When I first looked at my map all seemed to be working fine although I wasn't trying different selections. What I noticed is that it seems to work when you have an 'AREA_DESC' selected or an individual Zip code although something strange was happening when you selected a 'DIVISION_DESC'.

Looking at the Lat and Long expressions yours were using Sum and mine was useing Avg  but everything else looks the same. After a bit of trial an error I deleted my map, made a copy of yours and changed your Lat / Long expressions from Sum to Avg. It now seems to work, I've tried making loads of selections and the results look like the may be right.

I've included the latest file with what I can see.

Sorry I can't explain 'why' this is happening (or not happening), perhaps someone a little more cleverer than me can shed some further light on to this....

Hopefully this should be all ok for you now.

Richard

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help – I think I have it figured out now.

Not applicable
Author

Great news,

If you can post your solution / mark as answered it will help others

Not applicable
Author

Here is the solution:

Because the longitude and latitude are stored at Account level but they have the same values for all Accounts in the same zip code, I removed the sum in longitude and latitude expressions and put in max function where ever you use longitude and latitude fields.