Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prieper
Master II
Master II

Problems with installing QV11-server

Good evening,

tried to install QV11 (build 1149) over version 10SR3 and received the following error-message:

"qlikview server x86 is already installed."

Have already deinstalled all versions, deleted manually all directories under Program Files and Program Files (x86),  cleaned the registry - still this error-message pops up, an upgrade is not possible.

Any ideas?

Peter

edit: changed headline to become clearer to the topic

10 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Peter,

Nice to read from you! Is that the Server or the Desktop? Are services stopped and the computer rebooted after uninstalling? That should completely uninstall QVS and allow you to install version 11. Remember to install .NET 4 as opposed to QlikView 10 that worked with .NET 3.5

Seasons Greetings!

Miguel

prieper
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Miguel,

was quite busy in the past.

I have problems with the server. Have done all steps, rebooted and still not success. Basically have even cleaned the entire registry for everything name QLIK.

.NET4 was already installed before the first error-message showed up.

++

Peter

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Peter,

Do the services show up in the services.msc console? Did you check msconfig.exe as well? Strange indeed...

Miguel

prieper
Master II
Master II
Author

Good day,

Services were all stopped - and did not show after having deinstalled all programs.

Checked the msconfig as well - the only remarkable thing probably is that the manufacturer for the Qlikview Server shows as "Qliktech AB", where for the other services it is "Qliktech International".

Albeit the current server is relatively new, think that the collegues from IT made the setup by copying a mirror from the previous one. Thus is can well be that there are still some residues from 7er versions hidden somewhere.

Season Greetings to all!

Peter

Not applicable

Hello,

Weh ave the same issue when moving from version 10 to 11. Has the problem been resolved yet on your side?

We performed the same steps as listed in the previous posts, but nothing helped.

Thanks for your feedback!

Kind regards,

Maarten

prieper
Master II
Master II
Author

Dear Maarten,

we were not able to solve the above. Luckily we (or our IT) needed storage-space anyhow, thus we have built a complete new server, starting from Disks, OS and QV11 and only copied then our applications and databases. Not counting the time for the backup, the entire operation was done within 2 hours. Since then this problem is solved.

HTH
Peter

Not applicable

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

In the end we had to move on rapidly to not impact the client, so we reverted the situation back to QVS10SR4...

We also thought about the alternative option you mention, but that would have taken too much time.

I hope the stable release will solve this issue.

Kind regards,

Maarten

thomaswrieck
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

not sure if still relevant ... I had the same problem. On the machine was a QlikView 32bit Local Client installed. I didn't removed it first and I got the same message. After deinstalling the client we could successfully install the QlikVieew Server 11 SR1.

Best regards

Thomas

Not applicable

Thanks! Will give that one a try when a new upgrade is planned.