Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to provide an access to any document & make the changes into script?

Hi Experts

I want to make changes in to the script which is developed by someone else. so for that I have to lease a license from PROD server.

I have provided 1 Named CAL to my account but I am not able to make any changes into the script.

Also I have added my name into distibution list of that report.

Can Someone help me ?

Br

Anta

12 Replies
sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Could you please give us some more information like,

1) You are not able to access the script editor itself (Ctrl + E) or

2) You are able to go to script editor and not able to find the script ?

-Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

I am able to open that report but edit script option is disabled.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Anta,

You need to open the file locally, not using the "open in server" option. If you are already opening it locally, then there is some section access issue where you are not hardcoded as ADMIN that is required in order to see all possible options, sheets and objects, (among others, access to the Script Editor). Have you check that with the oother developer?

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Could you please tell me what do you mean by 'locally'? I have added my name in the distribuiton list.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Anta,

I mean using the Desktop version in the same server where the file is hosted, not using Open In Server or the QlikView Plugin, so if for example the file is Document.qvw and it is stored in the computer SERVER1, either you map a drive with the path to the shared folder in SERVER1 or you log on to SERVER1 and open QlikView there using the File menu, Open...

Besides, when the ACCESS file in the section access table specifies USER, some restrictions (such as unable to edit the script) may apply. This may be overriden by any other user with ADMIN specified in that field going to the Settings menu, Document Properties, Security tab. Is this what you mean by "distribution list"?

Regards.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel, I am able to open that script now

Distribution list means, when we open QEMC for any task we can see various tabs like General, Reload, Reduce, Distribute etc.

So in this distribuiton list I have specified my name.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Ah ok,

There are several ways to create a section access table. Indeed, Publisher in version 10 allows you to centralize that table in the same QEMC, so you can reuse that table for many documents instead of adding to each script file.

Glad it works now.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I have added my script into already existing script and I received 1 error as below

Cannot open file 'X:\Audit\Document_Mapping_*.xls' The system cannot find the file specified.

Left Join (Sessions)
LOAD Source_Application,
     [QVWName]
FROM
Document_Mapping_*.xls
(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$)

Thhis Document_Mapping_*.xls contains Source_Application name i.e. various applications we are using & QVWName contains name of the reports like xyz.qvw

Is this error is due to I have not inlcuded my report name into this excel ?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Anta,

This is quite a different issue, so please create a new thread with it, so any other users can easily search of it under the appropriate terms.

Does the files "X:\Audit\Document_Mapping_*.xls" exist and are readable by the account running the QlikView services? It seesm that the mapped drive X: is not accesible if you log on the computer using the account running QlikView services, and therefore cannot load that file. You are doing a Left Join based on several files concatenated, so I'd first load all the xls files then do the left join.

Hope that helps.

Miguel