Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vksthkkr
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date Grouping

Hi,

I am new to Qlikview and am working on a personal project to understand QV better.

I have had the standard QV training available n-line but need a little help.

I am importing transaction data from an SQLite Table and there is a field called TRANSACTION_DATE that I have imported.

I have also created a seperate calendar table using the script below:

[Calendar]:

LOAD *, Month(TRANSACTION_DATE) as TRANSACTION_MONTH, Year(TRANSACTION_DATE) as TRANSACTION_YEAR;

LOAD date(fieldvalue('TRANSACTION_DATE',RecNo())) as TRANSACTION_DATE AUTOGENERATE fieldvaluecount('TRANSACTION_DATE');

My concern is that this will group dates as months but the sequencing of TRANSACTION_MONTH will be lost once I record transactions in January'2012. In short, JAN, FEB etc... will start apperating before SEP, OCT, NOV, DEC on the chart.

I would like the dates to be represented as MMM-YY on the dimesion axis so that the sequence of TRANSACTION_MONTH can be maintained.

I am attaching here, an excel chart representation of how I would like the data to be seen in QV:

Chart.JPG

4 Replies
rohit214
Creator III
Creator III

hi there

just make a composite key

load

Month(TRANSACTION_DATE)&'-'& Year(TRANSACTION_DATE) as key

from,,,,

may it helps you

thanks

rohit

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi,

I'm not sure you try this yet : DATE(TRANSACTION_DATE,'MM-YY')     AS [%KEY]

Regards,

Sokkorn Cheav

vksthkkr
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Rohit.

I used your logic and created a composite date key as below:

Year(TRANSACTION_DATE) & '-' & num(Month(TRANSACTION_DATE)) as TRANSACTION_YEARMONTH

Not applicable

Hi,

Add a calculated Dimension in a bar chart.... & write...

=Date(TRANSACTION_DATE,'MMM-YY')

Regards,

Parag