Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee

Customise options in a list box

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to customise the options i have available to select in a list box?

I have a standard list box in my application which displays information from a field in my dataset, however i would like to change some of the values, this is what i have in my dataset:

[Unknown]

Baby Plan

Merchandise Sales

SHD

Telesales

Web Sales

Wes Sales

I would like to display:

Order                    Description                    Mapping to values in dataset

1.                           Store Merch                     Merchandise Sales

2.                           BPlan                                BPlan

3.                           WES/SHD                       SHD & Wes Sales

4.                           Direct in Store                 BPlan + WES

5.                           Total Store                       Store Merch + Direct in Store(above)

6.                           Web Sales                       Web Sales

7.                           Telesales                         Telesales

8.                           Direct in Home                Web Sales + Telesales

9.                           All Channels                     Store Merch + Direct in Store + Web Sales + Telesales

2 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

In expression

in general title

'Order                '&'Descripton                     '&' Mapping to values in dataset'

in expression

Order  &'            '& Description&'                      '& if(Description='BabyPlan','BPlan',if(Description='SHD','SHD'&'Webpaln'......))

hope this help

Sunil Chauhan
Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee
Author

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the response.  I ended up creating several additional fields based on the original field and then using if statements to group the values together.  I then had to play around with border and shadows on the front end to make it look like one selection box.

Cheers,

Sunil