Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Clustering two publishers

Hi,

Has any one clubbed two publishers or added more than one distribution service? How does this work when there are more than one distribution service.

Thanks,
Karthi

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, distribution services don't really "cluster" but yes, you can have more than 1 per server (although I'm not sure why you would ever need that). More likely, you mean running 2 distribution services, where 1 is located on each of 2 servers. You can then control both of them from one machine by pointing the QEMC to the address of both.

Regards,

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I'd like to setup two publisher instances in an active/passive cluster mode, does anyone know how to do that?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please someone help to add two distribution services to a Qlikview cluster and how to add two publisher licenses to the cluster?

Thanks in advance

Vimal

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kranti,

I'm having 2 node qds license. Now how to cluster both qds in single publisher . Please let me know if you have got any solution. thanks in advance.

Arunesh

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

If you're trying to leverage the horsepower of 2 servers to execute 1 task, that's not possible. A "cluster" in the Publisher sense will just auto-assign a QDS to a task based on free memory. You can read more about this in the Server Reference Manual, page 197 (for v10). The configuration itself is simple and is done in QEMC >> System >> QlikView Distribution Services. Make sure you don't add a 2nd QDS itself, but just a 2nd address within the same QDS.

Regards,

Vlad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is the step by step document on how to cluster QDS services.

Hope this helps.