Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Version 11 can coexist with the 10 ?

How to install QlikViewDesktop_x86Setup V11 (Windows 7) so I would not uninstall 10 and both can coexist without problems. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Indeed,

The following is copied from the Release Notes of version 11:

Cross-release compatibility

It is not possible to have multiple versions of QlikView Desktop installed, i.e. the QlikView 11 Desktopinstaller will overwrite a QlikView 10 Desktop installation. However, the QlikView 11 Desktop executable filecan be copied to any location on the hard drive and run from there without conflicting with the installedQlikView version. In order to run multiple versions of QlikView Desktop on a single machine, please followthis procedure:

1. a)  Uninstall prior version
  2. b)  Install QlikView Desktop v11
  3. c)  Copy the QV.exe file to a new, safe location
  4. d)  Uninstall QlikView Desktop v11
  5. e)  Install prior version

Of course, Stefan's suggestions above will work as well.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

What I have done several times is just copying the QV10 program folder prior QV11 installation to a different name.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Indeed,

The following is copied from the Release Notes of version 11:

Cross-release compatibility

It is not possible to have multiple versions of QlikView Desktop installed, i.e. the QlikView 11 Desktopinstaller will overwrite a QlikView 10 Desktop installation. However, the QlikView 11 Desktop executable filecan be copied to any location on the hard drive and run from there without conflicting with the installedQlikView version. In order to run multiple versions of QlikView Desktop on a single machine, please followthis procedure:

1. a)  Uninstall prior version
  2. b)  Install QlikView Desktop v11
  3. c)  Copy the QV.exe file to a new, safe location
  4. d)  Uninstall QlikView Desktop v11
  5. e)  Install prior version

Of course, Stefan's suggestions above will work as well.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I can not! I said before there is already a previous version but not let me uninstall the "NEXT" screen where I choose the location. Thank you!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Well, you first copy the folder, than you allow the installer program to uninstall prev. version.

Or have I misunderstood your problem?

Not applicable
Author

The procedure works perfect. Thank you!