Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView server not leasing licenses

Hi

The server has ceased to lease licences.  I have noticed that the LEF runs from 01.01.2011 and the renewal is being negotiated at present but should this block license leasing?  Even though the installed QV desktop software shows no leased license details rather "Personal Edition", I can still access apps from the Access Point portal.

Any thoughts?

regards

Ian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think you are correct in concept, but I have noticed other times when the technical workings of QlikView have been different than the ideal concept.  It might be considered a bug if you submit to support.

Maybe some other ideas:

• Is it possible your CAL was leased on another machine?  I believe license lease is limited to either 1 or 2 instances at a time.
  • Also, did you try restarting the services?  Long shot, but worth a try.
  • I have also read elsewhere on the forums it might be possible to obtain a lease from the access point, but I don't see how that is possible.

Good Luck.  Hopefully, the "negotiations" go quickly.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If your LEF is expired ie. TIMELIMIT;VALUE;;2011-01-01 or similar, that would likely explain your license lease situation.  If you are otherwise functional, you should consider yourself lucky, right?

Not applicable
Author

LOL but yes, all systems are functioning except we cant develop using a "personal edition" system of course

no, we are not time limited, this is just the inception date of support/maint which should not affect the functioning of the license.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think you are correct in concept, but I have noticed other times when the technical workings of QlikView have been different than the ideal concept.  It might be considered a bug if you submit to support.

Maybe some other ideas:

• Is it possible your CAL was leased on another machine?  I believe license lease is limited to either 1 or 2 instances at a time.
  • Also, did you try restarting the services?  Long shot, but worth a try.
  • I have also read elsewhere on the forums it might be possible to obtain a lease from the access point, but I don't see how that is possible.

Good Luck.  Hopefully, the "negotiations" go quickly.

Not applicable
Author

server bounce did the trick, many thanks