Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Domain Security in Qlikview

Hi there i am bussing setting up Qlikview in our business. I would like to know how to use active directory, for username and password.i am not to sure how to put it in the security script. any help in the right direction will be appreciated. this is currently how i have it setup but would prefer to use active directory passwords.
section
access;
load * inline
[UserID,DEPT,Access,Password,NTNAME
kallie     IT     Admin     123     test\kallier
hilt     IT     Admin     321     test\hiltg
jack     IT     Admin     456     test\jackj
sam     Sales     User     654     test\samv
andy     Production     Admin     654     test\andyd
]
;

section application;
star is *;

load * inline
[DEPT,Salesperson
IT,*
SALES,sales
Production, production ]
;
any help in the right direction will be appreciated
7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Check this post that has working code. Base your on it to get it working. Your script seems to be fine, except for the names and values of fields that must be all UPPERCASE in Section access table. You can set the section access ... section application at the beginning or at the end of the script. Note that QlikView is case sensitive for both names and values in fields, so field "SALES" is not the same as field "sales".

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Michael for your reply. So if I am understanding it should look something like this.

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

DEPT,ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD,NTNAME

IT,ADMIN, *, * , ZATEST\KREYNEKE

If I understand correct then you can leave userid and password out or as * as it will look at your windows logon.

Thank you

Kallie

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kallie,

That is correct, it will take the password from the current credentials. If you don't need to perform batch reloads as in the example discussed in the post I mentioned, you don't even need to specify USERID and PASSWORD at all. You can remove them if you are not going to use it.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Michael,

It was confusing me a lot. I just have one other question which I am not sure how to specify. In the section application how do I specify that a certain salesperson can only see their data. We have 10 salespeople but only the salesmanager is allowed to see all 10 people sales data but each salesperson should see his own sales?

Sorry to ask so many questions

Thank you

Kallie

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kallie,

You will need to add as many lines as needed for each value. Consider the following script:

SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, REDUCTION

ADMIN, 1, 1

ADMIN, 2, 1

ADMIN, 3, 1

ADMIN, 4, 4

];

SECTION APPLICATION;

STAR IS *;

// You need here as many values for reduction 4 as you want

DATA:

LOAD * INLINE [

REDUCTION, ZONE

1, Zone1

2, Zone2

3, Zone3

4, Zone1

4, Zone2

4, Zone3

];

As you can see, user 4 that is the manager has all three lines for each of the existing user. The "*" will not work here.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Miguel,

I am busy setting that up. This might be a stupid question but where do I define the zone?

Thanks

Kallie

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kallie,

Zone is a field that must exist in your data model. The piece of code above is just an example. Think of sales people and a sales manager, and customers instead of zones. Each sales people can see his or her customer, but the sales manager can see all customers, so he needs to have all three lines for the three customers.

Hope that makes more sense now.

Miguel