Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access

Hello,

I am looking to utilixe Section Access in my application. I have the below code working, but I want to have the second part to read off either a text file or a qvd that contains the NTNames and Unit. I need to do this cause there are over 200,000 records that I need to run security off of. Is this possible?

Section Access; //Start of Section Access Part
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, NTNAME
ADMIN, User1
USER, User2
];
Section Application; //End of Section Access Part

LOAD * INLINE [
NTNAME, Unit
User1, UnitA
User1, UnitB
User2, UnitC
User2, UnitD
];

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Section Access is not different from Section Application in this regard - it can read data from any data source. In fact, in real life the security data is almost always comes from a data source, most often from a database. Load Inline in examples is only to make the examples simple and clear. So the answer to you question is 'absolutely yes'.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Completely agree.

But if you are loading your section access from a QVD file, do that in an unoptimized way, otherwise you may be locked out or not getting your security working properly.

LOAD NTNAME, // Always uppercase both name and value of field ACCESS, UNITFROM File.qvd (qvd) WHERE 1=1;

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dear,

Read This Pdf file , an example of NTSystem have given.

I think it will help You.

Thanks and Best Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

how can i make all the sheet objects in a sheet to display in excel with button click.

Can you provide solution with example and also with explanation.

Thnks