Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nested Set Analysis question

Hi I was debuging an issue with some set analysis and found out that when I use fields on inner expressions QV does not like it, here is an example, SLA is a field and QV does not figures it out when I use is like the following:

Count
(
  {$< 
    IsAbandon         ={0},
    ContactIDSkillNo  ={"=Sum({$<test={1}>}Duration) < (SLA*1000)"}

>}
DISTINCT ContactID
)

But when I use a straight number, it works:

Count
(
  {$< 
    IsAbandon         ={0},
    ContactIDSkillNo  ={"=Sum({$<test={1}>}Duration) < (30*1000)"}

>}
DISTINCT ContactID
)

I tried to replace the expression with:

$=(SLA)

max({}SLA)

num(SLA)

Any idea on how can I use a field inside the string so it can work?

Thanks in advande for you time.

-ed

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Does your field SLA only have one single value?

The set expression is only evaluated once, not per record / dimension value (if you use the set expression in a chart),  so if SLA is ambiguous, QV won't know which value to put in.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help swuehl, SLA has multiple values, but since I am using it inside a Pivot table chart, I asumed that each one of the subgroups will only evaluate its own subset of data, and then the value in SLA field would be unique, for example:

If the hierarchy that the pivot tale is the following:

Dimension1     Expression1

Customer         Count(....)

Then I was expecting that the Dimension1 will spilt the data and when Expression1 will execute against the subset of data, since SLA as a 1 to 1 relation with Customer then the value for SLA when evaluated will be unique.

That's why I dont know why its not working.

-ed

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try something like:

Count
(
  {$< 
    IsAbandon         ={0},
    ContactIDSkillNo  ={$(=concat(aggr(if(Sum({$<test={1}>}Duration) < (SLA*1000),ContactIDSkillNo),Customer),','))}

>}
DISTINCT ContactID
)

Not sure if this is better performing than not using a set analysis, i.e. traditional record based comparison (probably also using aggr() ) instead. I hope I haven't forgot a bracket or so, please check.

--Stefan

rlp
Creator
Creator

If the field SLA has only one value for each value of the dimension, you could perhaps try Only(SLA) instead of SLA .

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestion  Richard, I'll see if that works on my scenario.

Thanks again.

-ed