Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Links in QV

Hello,

I am lookking to upload a file with website links and I want to be able to click on those within QV so it brings me to the site. Is that possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Put your links in the expression column of a straight table and use the "Link" representaion for the expression. See the help for more info.

-Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

As far as I discovered there is no functionality.

Here is my solution:

Create an Button in your QlikView document. Add an action to the button on the action tab. Choose for external: open URL. In the URL field you type the dimension which contains the URL: =your_dimension.

The disadvantage of this solution is that you have to select the dimension first, before you can click on the action button.

I hope this help you and maybe someone else knows a better solution for it?

Kind regards,

Henco

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your help. That is exactly what i did! I was hoping that there was some other option where I can click right in my table on the link because as you mentioned, I wanted to avoid having to select the dimension every time i want to go to the site.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yeah, thats exactly what I wish to have.

Cheers

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Put your links in the expression column of a straight table and use the "Link" representaion for the expression. See the help for more info.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob, but when I click on the link (after following your instructions) nothing happens.

Kind regards,

Henco

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I hadn't checked the Help as you suggested.

The solution which works for me is:

='Displayname' & '<url>'&Your_Dimension

Thanks for your help Rob.

Kind regards,

Henco

Not applicable
Author

Thank you!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Don't forget to mark the correct answer to close the thread.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I do it exactly like hencovanee said:

='Displayname' & '<url>'&Your_Dimension

But the link is only working in the QlikView-Client-Software and with the ajax-Client in the QV-Access-Point.

Normaly I use the QV-Plugin with the Internet Explorer, but it doesn't work with it.

It happens nothing by clicking the link.

Can anybody help me?

Kind regards