Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need explain with out of session and usage CALs error.

I have error on one of our's files when we use "open in server" operation: Access denied! The server is currently out of SESSION and USAGE CALs.

We dont use session or usage cals, we have only document and named user cals. When I copy this file to another folder on serwer and try to opened it its ok, and i dont have a problem with open this file when i dont use "open in server" operation. Its a problem only with this file.

thanks for regards

Marcin

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Marcin,

I've read about some support cases in this regard, and it seems to be a issue in the Server v10 SR4. Make sure you have updated to the latest release (build 9282). Have you tried to work around that opening the file using Desktop reloading and saving, then placing the file in the Server again?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi, we working on v11, upgraded 1 moth ago, we dont have problems with it on prev version. We worked around by copy to another folder, and its working. But if this will be repeat with other files... thats will be problem.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Then do not hesitate to contact support@qlik.com or your nearest support centre in order to confirm that this is a known issue, and if they have already released a customer patch.

Miguel

fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

I've had the same issue and fixed this problem thanks to Troy Raney from Qlikview Support.

I gave the first problematic document one document CAL, requested this document from our Accesspoint without any errors and removed the document CAL.
Everything is okay now.

If this doesn't fix your problem, you should contact Qlikview Support.
There's another Work around.

Troy, thanks again.

Not applicable
Author

FYI

Ran into this issue today and discovered that I had the domain name and user id separated with a / instead of a \

Supported point out that if the Last Used date has not been populated, the user id was not making a match and then it falls back to what is available... session cals (in my case).

James